We’re looking for a multifaceted designer to collaborate with our team on e-commerce builds, brand identity systems, and other interactive design problems. You will be working closely with our production team and helping envision the brand experience for our clients across all touch-points including mobile, web and print. You will help determine the aesthetic and creative direction of growing brands in the eCommerce space.
- Working in tandem with production team on visual designs and UX
- Design pixel-perfect responsive layouts for desktop, mobile, tablet
- Taking ownership of your work and working autonomously
- Helping Project Managers determine feature sets and provide designs accordingly
- Construct sitemaps and low fidelity wireframes for both mobile and web
- Design brand guidelines, mood boards, and other project assets
- Documenting all parts of the design process and ensuring a smooth handoff to the development team
- Participating in design review sessions with DBNY team
- Taking lead in ideation, research, and presentation of your work
Skills & Requirements
- Previous digital agency experience or freelancing for 2-3+ years is a plus
- Strong visual design aesthetic and conceptual thinking. A strong handle of layout, navigation, typography, colors, and image composition as applied to web and mobile experiences.
- Experience working on eCommerce projects or the Shopify platform is a plus
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) mastery
- Experience working with emerging prototyping tools (Sketch, Framer, Figma, InVision Studio)
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS preferred but not required
- You’re naturally curious and want to push boundaries of what’s possible in design
- Extensive knowledge of latest and greatest tools and design methodologies
- Illustration, photography and/or video editing skills are a plus
- You’re constantly learning new things
- You have a unique design aesthetic that matches your personal philosophy
- You’re open-minded and solicit design feedback
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially when talking about design and collaborating with other team members.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Able to self-manage and prioritize tasks to ensure work is delivered on time.
- Can work both autonomously and collaboratively with the team. You like people, preferably us.
- On-site work (we’re in NYC) is not required but is preferred. Open to remote designers.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, link to your portfolio to [email protected] or click on the CTA below.