We’re looking for a multifaceted designer to collaborate with our team on e-commerce builds, brand identity systems, and other interactive design problems. Join our growing team on a 4-6 month contract that could lead to a full time offer. You will be working closely with our production team and helping envision the brand experience for our clients across all touch-points including mobile and web. You will help determine the aesthetic and creative direction of growing brands in the eCommerce space.
- Working in tandem with production team on visual designs and UX
- Design pixel-perfect responsive layouts for desktop, mobile, tablet
- Taking ownership of your work and working autonomously
- Helping Project Managers determine feature sets and provide designs accordingly
- Construct sitemaps and low fidelity wireframes for both mobile and web
- Design brand guidelines, mood boards and other project assets
- Documenting all parts of the design process and ensuring smooth handoff to development team
- Participating in design review sessions with DBNY team
- Taking lead in ideation, research and presentation of your work
Skills & Requirements
- Previous digital agency experience or freelancing for 2-3+ years is a plus
- Strong visual design aesthetic and conceptual thinking. Strong handle of layout, navigation, typography, colors, and image composition as applied to web and mobile experiences.
- Experience working on eCommerce projects or the Shopify platform is a plus
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) mastery
- Experience working with prototyping tools (Sketch, Framer, InVision)
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS preferred but not required
- You’re naturally curious and want to push boundaries of what’s possible in design
- Extensive knowledge of latest and greatest tools and design methodologies
- Illustration, photography and/or video editing skills are a plus
- You’re constantly learning new things
- You have a unique design aesthetic that matches your personal philosophy
- You’re open minded and solicit design feedback
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially when talking about design and collaborating with other team members.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Able to self-manage and prioritize tasks to ensure work is delivered on time.
- Can work both autonomously and collaboratively with the team. You like people, preferably us.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, link to your portfolio to [email protected] or click on the CTA below.