We’re looking for a multifaceted designer to collaborate with our team on eCommerce builds, brand identity systems, and other interactive design problems. You will be working closely with our production team and helping envision the brand experience for our clients across all touch-points including design strategy, user experience design for mobile and web, and visual design. You will help determine the aesthetic and creative direction of emerging brands in the direct to consumer eCommerce space.
DBNY is a creative eCommerce agency that works with emerging direct to consumer brands and growing retailers such as Sonder Living, ALOHA, Aloft Home, LilGadgets, and Jemma Bag. We design and develop exceptional user experiences and help clients navigate marketing challenges across the eCommerce landscape.
- Working in tandem with production team on visual designs and UX
- Design pixel-perfect responsive layouts for desktop, mobile, tablet
- Taking ownership of your work and working autonomously
- Helping Project Managers determine feature sets and provide designs accordingly
- Construct sitemaps and low fidelity wireframes for both mobile and web
- Design brand guidelines, mood boards and other project assets
- Documenting all parts of the design process and ensuring smooth handoff to development team
- Participating in design review sessions with DBNY team
- Taking lead in ideation, research and presentation of your work
Skills & Requirements
- Previous digital agency experience or freelancing for 2-3+ years is a plus
- Strong visual design aesthetic and conceptual thinking. Strong handle of layout, navigation, typography, colors, and image composition as applied to web and mobile experiences.
- Experience working on eCommerce projects or the Shopify platform is a plus
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) mastery
- Experience working with prototyping tools (Sketch, Framer, InVision)
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS preferred but not required
- You’re naturally curious and want to push boundaries of what’s possible in design
- Extensive knowledge of latest and greatest tools and design methodologies
- Illustration, photography and/or video editing skills are a plus
- You’re constantly learning new things
- You have a unique design aesthetic that matches your personal philosophy
- You’re open-minded when it comes to soliciting design feedback
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially when talking about design and collaborating with other team members.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Able to self-manage and prioritize tasks to ensure work is delivered on time.
- Can work both autonomously and collaboratively with the team.
DBNY offers competitive salary, paid vacation, and a professional development stipend. Most importantly, we work on projects that truly impact our clients’ businesses and attract team members who love to be challenged with tough problems and fast-paced work.
To apply, please attach a PDF version of your resume, link to your portfolio, LinkedIn profile link and send an email to [email protected] with the title of ‘Designer — Your Full Name ’ in the subject line. We will not review candidates who fail to follow application instructions.